The cloud native community is gathering in Copenhagen next week for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe! Here’s your guide to the talks and events you won’t want to miss. Meet the Red Hat and CoreOS team members all week long, May 1-4 at booth D-E01.
Tuesday, May 1
- 6:00 p.m.: Join the OpenShift community for an evening reception at the Bella Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. for drinks and snacks. Hear a CoreOS/Red Hat update from Brandon Philips (@BrandonPhilips), member of the technical staff at Red Hat, and stay for a panel and a round of lightning talks.
- 6:10 p.m.: Frederic Branczyk (@fredbrancz), software engineer at Red Hat, presents a lightning talk on kube-rbac-proxy. Join him in Auditorium 10-12.
- 6:15 p.m.: Michael Hausenblas (@mhausenblas), developer advocate at Red Hat, gives a lightning update on The State Of FaaS on Kubernetes in auditorium 10-12.
Wednesday, May 2
- 2:45 p.m.: Juraci Paixão Kröhling, software engineer at Red Hat, leads an intro to the Jaeger Project. See what it’s all about in room B3-M6+8.
- 2:45 p.m.: Josh Berkus, Kubernetes community lead at Red Hat, teams up with Łukasz Gryglicki of the CNCF to shine a spotlight on Understanding Kubernetes Development through DevStats. See what data can show us in room C1-M2.
- 3:40 p.m.: Diane Feddema, principal software engineer at Red Hat, and Zak Hassan, software engineer at Red Hat, show how to create Scalable Monitoring Using Prometheus with Apache Spark. Join them in auditorium 11+12.
- 3:40 p.m.: Frederic Branczyk and Piotr Szczesniak, senior software engineer at Google, give an introduction to SIG instrumentation. Their talk takes place in room B3-M5+7.
- 4:25 p.m.: Brandon Philips takes part in a panel discussion on Containers in Enterprise Cloud Strategy: Pitfalls, Best Practices, and Predictions. You’ll find the panel moderated by Anni Lai of Huawei in room C1-M1.
- 4:25 p.m.: Solly Ross, software engineer at Red Hat, and Marcin Wielgus of Google show the big picture look at the Kubernetes Autoscaling SIG. Join the conversation in room B3-M5+7.
- 4:25 p.m.: Fabian Deutsch, associate manager at Red Hat, and Samuel Ortiz of Intel describe how to Improve your Kubernetes Workload Security with Hardware Virtualization. Join them in room C1-M3.
- 5:40 p.m. Keynote: Fabian Reinartz (@fabxc), software engineer for the Prometheus community, delivers a keynote on Prometheus 2.0 and the improvements that version brings to the cloud-native monitoring tool. You can watch his keynote in Congress Hall A.
Thursday, May 3
- 9:30 a.m. Keynote: Brandon Philips shares some updates about Accelerating Kubernetes Native Applications in his morning keynote address. Don’t miss his talk in Congress Hall A.
- 11:10 a.m.: Frederic Branczyk shows how to Autoscale your Kubernetes workload with Prometheus. He’ll show his demonstration in auditorium 11+12.
- 11:10 a.m.: Juraci Paixão Kröhling offers a deep dive into the Jaeger project for those who want a deeper understanding of the project. Join him in room B4-M1+3.
- 11:55 a.m.: Antoine Legrand (@ant_legrand), software engineer at Red Hat, introduces kubespray alongside Matthew Mosesohn of Virtustream. Learn about the tool to help you deploy Kubernetes clusters in room B5-M1+3.
- 11:55 a.m.: Maciej Szulik, software engineer at Red Hat, guides you through Writing kube controllers. Join his introduction in room C1-M0.
- 11:55 a.m.: Lindsey Tulloch, software engineering intern at Red Hat, demonstrates the federation-v2 prototype at the SIG-Multicluster deep dive in room B4-M1+3.
- 11:55 a.m.: Casey Callendrello (@squeed), senior software engineer at Red Hat, updates us on the status of the Container Networking Initiative in auditorium 15.
- 2:00 p.m.: Max Leonard Inden (@mxinden), software engineer at Red Hat, together with Julius Volz, co-founder of the Prometheus project, will lead a Prometheus Deep Dive. Join them in room B4-M1+3.
- 2:45 p.m.: Rob Szumski (@robszumski), product manager at Red Hat, shows how to conduct multi-cluster operations in Kubernetes, but without Federation. Learn more in room C1-M2.
- 2:45 p.m.: Diane Mueller, director of community development at Red Hat OpenShift, and Ben Parees, Principal Engineer at Red Hat, introduce Source2Image. Learn all about the image building tool in room B4-M1+3.
- 4:35 p.m.: Solly Ross, with Maciej Pytel of Google, show how Horizontal Pod Autoscaling introduces efficient resource utilization. Join them in room C1-M0.
Friday, May 4
- 11:55 a.m.: Frederic Branczyk and Piotr Szczesniak show you how to Follow the Data from the Darkest Corners of Kubernetes with Prometheus. Head to room C1-M0 to learn more about Kubernetes native signal pipelines.
- 2:45 p.m.: Stefan Schimanski, senior software engineer at Red Hat, leads a deep dive into SIG API Machinery. Learn more in room B3-M6+8.
- 3:40 p.m.: In his last talk of the conference, Frederic Branczyk joins Matthias Loibl of Loodse to discuss Declarative Multi-Cluster Monitoring with Prometheus. Join them in Auditorium 11+12.
- 3:40 p.m.: Elsie Phillips (@elsiephilly), product marketer at Red Hat, provides an overview of the recommendations from the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Join her in room C1-M3 for a TL;DR of the NIST Container Security Standards.
- 3:40 p.m.: Diane Mueller and Ben Parees offer a deep dive into Source2Image for those looking to learn more about the container image builder. Join them in room B4-M1+3.
- 4:25 p.m.: Antoine Legrand, and Gareth Rushgrove of Docker, together introduce the Application Definition working group for Kubernetes. Join the conversation in room B4-M2+4.
- 4:25 p.m.: Lucas Servén Marín, software engineer at Red Hat, explains how to Automate GPU Infrastructure for Kubernetes. Learn more in room C1-M5.
- 4:25 p.m.: Solly Ross and Marcin Wielgus lead a deep dive for the Kubernetes Autoscaling SIG. Join the conversation in room B3-M5+7.